NFDI4Earth @ CoRDI conference
From September 12th to 14th 2023 the first Conference on Research Data Infrastructure (CoRDI, conference identifier https://doi.org/10.25798/661v-ht10) took place at the KIT in Karlsruhe with the motto "Connecting Communities". The German National Research Data Infrastructure association (NFDI e.V.) initiated the new event as a venue for interdisciplinary exchange on research data management (RDM) practices, services, and collaborations inspired by the FAIR pinciples.
The conference featured panel discussions, multiple parallel tracks of topical talks, and two poster sessions framed by lunch and coffee breaks and several social events. It was well organised and many NFDI4Earth members and participants took the chance to present their work. The event especially was an excellent opportunity to (re-)connect, network, and collaborate with many partners and contacts from other NFDI consortia. We thank the CoRDI participants for the many fruitful discussions stretching across the themes of the conference (Connecting RDM, Enabling RDM, Harmonizing RDM), discipline specific sessions, and discussions and reflections on the NFDI and its consortia and structures itself.
The following contributions to CoRDI were made with an explicit connection to NFDI4Earth:
- Bernard, L., Henzen, C., Degbelo, A., Nüst, D., & Seegert, J. (2023). NFDI4Earth: Improving Research Data Management in the Earth System Sciences. In Proceedings of the Conference on Research Data Infrastructure (Vol. 1). TIB Open Publishing. https://doi.org/10.52825/cordi.v1i.288 | Poster: https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.8333732
- Rakers, J., Miller, B., Mohrbacher, J., Nüst, D., Schrade, T., Seegert, J., Vater, C., Wiljes, C., & Simon, H. (2023). Because Data Shall Grow (and we With it). In Proceedings of the Conference on Research Data Infrastructure (Vol. 1). TIB Open Publishing. https://doi.org/10.52825/cordi.v1i.278 | Poster: https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.8333775
- Ebert, B., Domisch, S., Henzen, C., Linares, J., Mozygemba, K., Miller, B., Seeger, B., & Seegert, J. (2023). When Data Crosses Borders – Join Forces! In Proceedings of the Conference on Research Data Infrastructure (Vol. 1). TIB Open Publishing. https://doi.org/10.52825/cordi.v1i.341 | Poster: https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.8431406
- Diepenbroek, M., Kostadinov, I., Seeger, B., Glöckner, F. O., Dieckmann, M. A., Goesmann, A., Ebert, B., Schimmler, S., & Sure-Vetter, Y. (2023). Towards a Research Data Commons in the German National Research Data Infrastructure NFDI: Vision, Governance, Architecture. In Proceedings of the Conference on Research Data Infrastructure (Vol. 1). TIB Open Publishing. https://doi.org/10.52825/cordi.v1i.355
- Mathiak, Brigitte, Widmann, Heinrich, Heyer, Gerhard, Henzen, Christin, & Czerniak, Andreas. (2023). Search and Harvesting across NFDI Consortia - Gaps and Challenges. Zenodo. https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.8426850
The full proceedings are published online at https://www.tib-op.org/ojs/index.php/CoRDI/index.
Picture: The NFDI4Earth team assembles between exciting conversations and interesting talks at a dense CoRDI 2023 conference for a quick picture. Thank you for intense few days advancing the project and NFDI as a whole.